Patagonia's R1 Full-Zip Jacket's front makes it very versatile, from a midlayer in winter to a lightweight jacket on early spring mornings and alpine summer evenings. Plus, the fabric is now even better: Patagonia worked with Polartec to fine-tune the high/low interior grid polyester fabric (Polartec Power Dry) into an updated exclusive that's more breathable and compressible and has improved feel and durability while still maintaining its warmth. Two zippered handwarmer pockets sit above the harness line, and offset shoulder seams steer clear of pack straps. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, a new Polartec Power Grid fabric (with Polygiene permanent odor control) is lighter and more breathable than before but with the same outstanding stretch and durability
- Raglan sleeves for increased mobility and off-shoulder seaming for comfort under a pack
- Center-front zipper with a soft, kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two zip handwarmer pockets with mesh pocket bags stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt
- Two interior drop-in mesh pockets
- Cuffs and hem are simply and comfortably finished with a cover stitch