Consignment Gear and Clothing
Used Gear and Clothing
How Does Consignment Work?
Trailside Outfitter. sells used outdoor equipment and apparel as well as new. We sell used gear brought to us by you our customers and sell it on consignment. We believe that great gear is out there waiting to resume its useful life. Re-using and re-selling good quality gear is not just good for the pocket book it minimizes our eco-footprint. Used gear can help someone looking to explore a new outdoor sport get started where cost can sometimes be prohibitive.
- We only accept "gently" used outdoor equipment and brand name outdoor apparel brands. Items must be clean and in working condition and still have useful life remaining.
- We are looking for quality outdoor brands like Patagonia, Kuhl, The North Face, Arc’teryx, Benchmade, Garmin, Black Diamond, Mountain Equipment, Merrell, Salomon, Mont-bell, Prana, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, Outdoor Research, Sierra Designs, MSR, Chaco, or 5.11 Tactical to name a few.
- We will NOT accept fashion brands, like Old Navy, GAP, Calvin Klein, Nike, Under Armour, Carhart, and other brands. If you are unsure what we accept please call us or message us to ask before you make a trip. email@example.com / 850-398-8514
- All items requiring batteries must have batteries so it can be tested. All items must be operable.
- All tents will be set up in shop with an employee to ensure working condition.
- Items that are DIRTY, RIPPED, TORN, HAVE HEAVY WEAR, or have STRONG ODORS, or are MISSING PARTS will NOT be accepted for consignment.
- Team sporting goods brands and equipment will NOT be accepted. i.e. soccer, football, lacrosse, baseball or exercise equipment like treadmills or weights.
- Trailside staff will make the final call of whether any item is accepted which can be based on condition, current stock, seasonal requirements, or price.
- We reserve the right to refuse any item but will do our best to serve your needs.
- The sale price of each item will be negotiated with you and a staff member. Prices should be no greater than 70% of original MSRP.
- Items Priced $0-299 will receive 60% of the FINAL sale price as store credit or 50% as a cash value.
- Items Priced $300-$599 will receive 70% store credit or 60% cash value.
- Items Priced $600+ will receive 75% store credit or 70% cash value.
- UPON REQUEST Cash value is available for pickup in store by check on the 1st or 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- Trailside Outfitter is NOT able to make payouts in CASH.
- Items may be discounted at the discretion of Trailside Outfitter starting at the 1st of the following month. Example; item is consigned on March 15th. April 1st the item will be discounted up to 10%,
- Trailside Outfitter may thereafter further discount the item as it deems necessary. The amount and timing of the discount is solely within the discretion of Trailside Outfitter.
- Items may be picked up anytime by the consignor and remain the property of the consignor until they are sold.
- After 180 days, Trailside Outfitter will send out an email notification of UNSOLD ITEMS. Items NOT picked up by consignor within 2 weeks of the 180 Day notification become the property of Trailside Outfitter.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUMMER/FALL/WINTER ITEMS.
You CAN STOP IN DURING our regular store hours to drop-off used gear. If you have more than 3-4 items, please consider calling to schedule an appointment as we can get busy and more than a few items can take time to intake and receive. You can speed up the process by completing the Consignment contract in advance.
- Trail running shoes
- Winter clothing
- Camping equipment
- All-season tents
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping pads
- Internal frame/frameless backpacks
- All-season clothing
- Outdoor footwear
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing helmets (must be new with tags and/or box)
- Modern headlamps
- Stoves and cooking equipment
- Pocket knives and multi-tools
- Seasonal roof rack accessories (, kayak/sup carriers during spring/summer) *
- Summer footwear (sandals, water shoes)
- Summer apparel (shorts, t-shirts, tank tops)
- Cotton t-shirts/sweatshirts
- Most cotton pants and shorts
- Roof rack Fit Kits/Foot Packs
Currently NOT Accepting
- Paddling clothing and accessories
- Snowboards, and ski/snowboard boots
- NEVER ACCEPTING
- Intimate apparel
- Fashion brands (J. Crew, American Eagle, Abercrombie, Old Navy, etc.)
- Climbing soft goods; ropes/harnesses
- Climbing hard goods; belay devices/cams
- Used Helmets for any sport
- No Lifejackets or PFD's
- No Ski's releasable bindings
How to Get Started
- You will complete an electronic Trailside Consignment application in the store and we will create a consignment account in your name. Using the link above you can get started on the consignment application filling out your personal details and the item descriptions and asking price. When you bring the items into the store, we will review the application with you. The above link only works correctly from a desktop web browser at this time. It will NOT load correctly on a phone. You may also complete the entire application in store when you bring your items for consignment.
- You may select to have items NOT SOLD after 180 days to be automatically donated or to be NOTIFIED for pickup.
- You will need to decide if you prefer to get 60% STORE CREDIT or 50% CASH VALUE at the time of consignment. Credit in the amount you requested will be put on your account the month following the sale, typically within the first 10 days of the month. Unfortunately, we can NOT switch the credit value after an item has sold. Checks are not automatically sent out each month. You must call and request a check for pickup or to be sent.
- If you have more than 2-3 items, we ask that you make an appointment and come prepared with a completed contract and a list of all items that includes;
- Item Description
- Desired Selling Price
- Original MSRP (if possible)